Join Wangaratta Marathon and Fun Runs
A picturesque, flat course consisting of bitumen sealed cycling path (approx 38km), residential sealed roads (approx 4km) and grass / gravel near the finish (approx 300m). There are no hills and just a few short undulations. Possibly the most scenic sealed marathon course in Australia.
The marathon & HM course is AIMS / IAAF certified.
- Start at rear of Norm Minns/Showground complex near the Magpies Football Clubrooms.
- Run out through the rear gates of the complex, across a 100m grass section and join onto the bitumen cycle path.
- Follow the path North along the river until it terminates at College Street.
- Cross College Street and Park Lane and continue on the cycling path on the north side of College Street until then turning right at Phillipson Street.
- Stay on the right hand side of Phillipson Street, continue to the end of the road and turn left into Cambridge Drive.
- Stay on the right side of Cambridge Drive and continue until turning left at Trotman Drive.
- Follow this Road until directed onto the cycling path, and follow this path until it intersects with the cycling path along Yarrawonga Road where you turn RIGHT.
- Cross over the road bridge near the golf course and immediately turn 180 degrees and head back under that bridge you just crossed.
- Follow the One Mile Creek bicycle path over a footbridge and past the back of Appin Park Primary School, turning left at the path intersection at that point.
- Continue along and under the Phillipson Street, Rowan Street and Swan Street bridges.
- Cross the footbridge and continue along the cycling path under the Roy Street, Railway and Tone Road bridges to arrive at Batchelors Green and public toilets.
- Follow the path to the designated turn point just past Batchelors Green.
- Return the same way, but after going past the Appin Park School, turn left onto a new cycle path for a lovely out and back section (it's where the "fine tuning" took place to get the marathon distance to exactly 42.195km)
- When you come out of that section, turn left and continue all the way back along the course to the Showgrounds.
- When you reach the Showgrounds, do NOT turn right onto the grass at the back of the complex, but continue along the river.
- When you reach Evans Street turn left down the concrete chute onto the new cycling path toward the boat ramp.
- Continue along this path over the first Ovens River foot-bridge.
- Continue straight ahead at the second foot-bridge and follow the newly sealed path to Bickerton Street.
- Run through Apex Park as directed, then turn right onto the verge of Parfitt Road (main highway through town).
- Cross the main Ovens River bridge and turn right onto the new boardwalk / riverside path.
- Continue along this path, down a ramp into Sydney beach and cross the swing bridge.
- Turn left off the swing-bridge and head back to the start area.
- When you come up the short steep ramp at Evans Street, enter the Showgrounds gates and run along the internal road.
- Run back over the start line and complete a second lap.
- When entering the Showgrounds at the end of the second lap, deviate onto the grass when indicated and run into/across the grass and over the finish line.
- Remember to smile!
Be the first to write a review for this event
The race information has been found on the official website of the event or through publicly available sources. Always refer to the official website the latest race information. Please let us know if any data is wrong or missing, by emailing us.