This year's edition has been cancelled
Join Hamilton Island Hilly Half Marathon
Welcome to a little slice of resort paradise where the paved roads are plied by golf buggies, steep, rocky hills are criss-crossed by walking trails blessed with magnificent sea views, and the white beaches are buzzing with water-sports action. Though it’s not everyone’s idea of a perfect getaway, it’s hard not to be impressed by the selection of high-end accommodation options, restaurants, bars and activities – if you’ve got the cash, there’s something for everyone. Day trippers can use some resort facilities including tennis courts, a golf driving range and a minigolf course and enjoy the island on a relatively economical budget.
With that being said, the Hamilton Island Hill Half Marathon is the place to be!!
Start at Hesperus, along Front Street to Yacht Club.
1. U-turn at Yacht Club, left turn up Acacia Drive.
2. Left at One Tree Hill roundabout.
3. Left at One Tree Hill lookout down Island View Way.
4. Right onto service road towards qualia, right out of service road along qualia entrance road, left onto Coral Sea Ave, left up to One Tree lookout down Great Northern Highway to Mango Tree intersection.
5. Left along Resort Drive to front of Frangipani Lodge, turn right along service road behind Frangipani Lodge.
6. Turn left to walking trail entrance.
7. Proceed along walking trail to relay change-over point at Scenic Trail Junction. Turn left along Passage Peak Trail to peak.
8. U-turn, down stairs, left to Cabbage Tree Junction.
9. Left to South East Head and return.
10. Straight through to Turkey Nest Junction, left turn to Middle Head, return to Turkey Nest Junction.
11. Left onto Passage Peak trail. Return to change-over point.
12. Proceed along fire trail to Resort Lookout Junction, right turn to lookout, return to Resort Lookout Junction.
13. Continue to Coral Cove, return to Coral Cove turnoff.
14. Left down to Palm Valley, turn right unto Palm Valley Way.
15. Left at airport roundabout, right along service road to Marina Esplanade, around Marina to finish at Hesperus.
Individual Marathon competitors must be a minimum of 18years of age as of 31 December in the previous year of the current event.
To enter the Hilly Marathon you must have completed a road marathon within the last three (3) years within 4hrs 30mins or have been a previous participant in the Hilly Half Marathon and finished in less than 2hrs 45minutes.
Be the first to write a review for this event
The race information has been found on the official website of the event or through publicly available sources. Always refer to the official website the latest race information. Please let us know if any data is wrong or missing, by emailing us.