This year's edition has been cancelled
Join Pyongyang Marathon
For this year's event, the race is a return course — rather than the loop of previous years — with the route being run through the city centre. Runners will go past many of the iconic buildings, monuments, and streets of Pyongyang, before heading out into the countryside, just outside the urban centre, before running back again.
This new route — which is IAAF bronze label certified — gives runners the chance to see more of the capital than in previous years, and also allows more interaction with people along the course, as it takes in more parts of the city than ever before.
All three amateur races — the 10km, half marathon, and full marathon — will start and finish inside Kim Il Sung Stadium (including a final lap of the stadium track). This means that everyone participating will get the chance to finish in front of a 50,000-strong capacity crowd of local Koreans who will be in attendance at the stadium.
directions_runStart Address: Kim Il-sung Stadium, Moranbong District, Pyongyang, North Korea
flagFinish Address: Kim Il-sung Stadium, Moranbong District, Pyongyang, North Korea
Included in the fee
- Return flight with Econimic Class Seat: Beijing– Pyongyang / Pyongyang – Beijing
- All meals on the tour (these will be at local restaurants or in the hotel) except for on the train journey in and out
- Hotel accommodation in DPRK
- An English speaking leader from ZX-Tour, two local Korean guides, and a driver per group
- All transportation in the DPRK
- All the visited program listed in the itinerary
- Official running shirt(If it is offered this year), finisher's medal and race certificate
- DPRK Visa cost
- Ticket for the race is purchased as an add-on later in check out for $55.50
- Internaitional flight cost to China
- Visa to China
- Optional single room supplement of 50 dollars per night
- Return flight business seat upgrade fee 500 dollars
- Tips for the local Korean guides and driver (30-40 dollars each runner)
- Optional activities such as the lift up the Juche Tower (6 dollars) or a dingk in the local beer bar(approx. 3 dollars entrance fee per person)
- Meals include a complimentary beer and water, but you will need to purchase extra drinks if needed
- Spending money for souvenirs
5km & 10km - 2h, Half Marathon - 2h30, Full Marathon - 5h30
The race information has been found on the official website of the event or through publicly available sources. Always refer to the official website the latest race information. Please let us know if any data is wrong or missing, by emailing us.