Aderire God's Country Marathon
Welcome to the God’s Country Marathon, Half Marathon and Team Relay held in beautiful Potter County, Pennsylvania!
The God’s Country Marathon has been named one of the "10 toughest marathons" and one of the "best small marathons" in the United States by Runner’s World Magazine. No crowds, beautiful scenery, top-notch service and a hometown feeling make the God’s Country Marathon one of the most unique road racing experiences in the country!
The point-to-point course runs west on scenic U.S. Route 6 from the small community of Galeton (elevation 1,300 ft.) through the heart of the Susquehannock State Forest, to the town of Coudersport (elevation 1,400 ft.).
Mile 14 marks the beginning of a three-mile climb up infamous Denton Hill, which traverses the eastern continental divide topping out at an elevation of 2,424 ft. From there, it is all downhill into historic downtown Coudersport.
For over 40 years, our little marathon has been attracting challenge-seeking runners from across the nation.
Punti salienti del corso
- From the start line at the school parking lot, make a left onto Bridge Street.
- Turn right on Germania Street.
- Turn right onto Union Street.
- Turn right onto West Street.
- Turn right on Main Street (Route 6, Mile 1), running east through Galeton to Nob Hill Motel.
- Complete the dog leg at Nob Hill Motel.
- Return through Galeton, this time running on Route 6 West toward the Hill.
- Mile 15 marks the beginning of "The Hill" which continues until the peak at Mile 18. From there, it's all downhill!
- As you come into Coudersport, turn left onto Park Avenue, just past the Parente Beard office.
- At the end of Park Avenue, make a left, go over the bridge and make an immediate right onto Allegany Avenue.
- At the end of Allegany Avenue, make a right onto Main Street, go over the bridge and follow Main Street through the red light to the finish line.
Food and beverages will be available in the Runner Recovery Area at the Finish Line. Post-Race Showers: Runners will have the opportunity to shower after the race.Results: Official results will be available on the marathon website www.godscountrymarathon.com as soon as possible after the race.
Postazioni di Pronto Soccorso
20+ fluid replacement tables approximately every 1 mile and at the finish line.Note: Water Station locations are coordinated based on the mile markers; some stations may not be located exactly at a mile marker due to available roadside space that allows our volunteers to stay safe."GU" Energy Gel: There will be "GU" stations at the 5-10-15-20-25 mile marks and at some other water stations along the way.Port-a-potties: Port-a-potties will be at the starting line, 5-10-15-20.5 mile marks and at the finish line.
Cash prizes awarded to top 3 male and female finishers. The top 3 placers in each age division will also receive prizes. Medals: All finishers receive a custom die-cast finisher's medal. The top 3 overall male and female finishers receive place medals.
There are no time limits for our course. If you are willing to try it, we'll be there for you at the Finish Line.
Puoi essere il primo a scrivere una recensione per questo evento
Le informazioni sulla gara provengono dal sito ufficiale dell'evento o da fonti pubblicamente reperibili. Consulta sempre il sito web ufficiale per le ultime informazioni sulla gara. Informaci tramite email. se alcuni dati sono errati o mancanti.