Únete Wangaratta Marathon and Fun Runs
A picturesque, flat course consisting of bitumen sealed cycling path (approx 38km), residential sealed roads (approx 4km) and grass / gravel near the finish (approx 300m). There are no hills and just a few short undulations. Possibly the most scenic sealed marathon course in Australia.
The marathon & HM course is AIMS / IAAF certified.
Destacable en la ruta
- Start at rear of Norm Minns/Showground complex near the Magpies Football Clubrooms.
- Run out through the rear gates of the complex, across a 100m grass section and join onto the bitumen cycle path.
- Follow the path North along the river until it terminates at College Street.
- Cross College Street and Park Lane and continue on the cycling path on the north side of College Street until then turning right at Phillipson Street.
- Stay on the right hand side of Phillipson Street, continue to the end of the road and turn left into Cambridge Drive.
- Stay on the right side of Cambridge Drive and continue until turning left at Trotman Drive.
- Follow this Road until directed onto the cycling path, and follow this path until it intersects with the cycling path along Yarrawonga Road where you turn RIGHT.
- Cross over the road bridge near the golf course and immediately turn 180 degrees and head back under that bridge you just crossed.
- Follow the One Mile Creek bicycle path over a footbridge and past the back of Appin Park Primary School, turning left at the path intersection at that point.
- Continue along and under the Phillipson Street, Rowan Street and Swan Street bridges.
- Cross the footbridge and continue along the cycling path under the Roy Street, Railway and Tone Road bridges to arrive at Batchelors Green and public toilets.
- Follow the path to the designated turn point just past Batchelors Green.
- Return the same way, but after going past the Appin Park School, turn left onto a new cycle path for a lovely out and back section (it's where the "fine tuning" took place to get the marathon distance to exactly 42.195km)
- When you come out of that section, turn left and continue all the way back along the course to the Showgrounds.
- When you reach the Showgrounds, do NOT turn right onto the grass at the back of the complex, but continue along the river.
- When you reach Evans Street turn left down the concrete chute onto the new cycling path toward the boat ramp.
- Continue along this path over the first Ovens River foot-bridge.
- Continue straight ahead at the second foot-bridge and follow the newly sealed path to Bickerton Street.
- Run through Apex Park as directed, then turn right onto the verge of Parfitt Road (main highway through town).
- Cross the main Ovens River bridge and turn right onto the new boardwalk / riverside path.
- Continue along this path, down a ramp into Sydney beach and cross the swing bridge.
- Turn left off the swing-bridge and head back to the start area.
- When you come up the short steep ramp at Evans Street, enter the Showgrounds gates and run along the internal road.
- Run back over the start line and complete a second lap.
- When entering the Showgrounds at the end of the second lap, deviate onto the grass when indicated and run into/across the grass and over the finish line.
- Remember to smile!
Se el primero en escribir una reseña para este evento
La información de la carrera se ha encontrado en el sitio web oficial del evento o en otras fuentes de acceso público. Consulta siempre el sitio web oficial para obtener la información más actualizada sobre la carrera. Si falta algún dato o hay algún error, envíanos un correo electrónico para informarnos..