Únete Melbourne Marathon
The Melbourne Marathon has been held every year from 1978. The 42.195 km run over the traditional marathon distance is the main race within the annual Melbourne Marathon Festival. The race celebrated its 30th birthday in 2007 with a new course which featured the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) as both the starting point and finishing point. A total of 3328 competitors completed the 2008 race. Another 17,000 people participated in Half Marathon (21.1 km), 10 km and 5.5 km events.
The 2013 running of the marathon saw a record number of 6852 finishers, and race records set for both men and women. There were 6054 finishers in 2014, 30% of them female. In 1978 approximately 4% of the 1947 finishers were female. The marathon has been owned by IMG since 2006.
The Medibank Melbourne Marathon is the largest marathon in Australia, we strive to deliver a world class event that will accommodate the increasing demand. In 2013 we have made further improvements to the marathon course for participant safety and to reduce course crowding:
- Increased road Width- the use of the centre of St Kilda Rd from Toorak Rd to Southbank Blvd exclusively for marathon runners until 10.00 am
- Added runner lanes – in St Kilda Rd where the half marathon and marathon merge we have separate running lanes with exclusive lanes for marathon only
- Separated the half marathon course from marathon –the last 8 km of the marathon course is a dedicated marathon only course – runners do merge as they enter the MCG
Destacable en la ruta
- Start Batman Avenue.
- Runners head north along Batman Avenue; left into Flinders Street, left into Swanston Street, cross to northbound (west side) service lane at Princes Bridge and then head south along St Kilda Road.
- At St Kilda Junction, runners turn right into Fitzroy Street then right into Lakeside Drive and do an anticlockwise lap of Albert Park Lake.
- The Lake loop requires runners to turn left into Albert Road Drive from Lakeside Drive and left into Aughtie Drive continuing around the Albert Park Lake roadway.
- At the Carousel carpark, runners proceed behind and around Pits Building using Aughtie Walk, entering the pit lane in Aughtie Drive before U-turning approx 300m past the Pits Building.
- Proceed to a right hand turn into Village Green Rd and right into Lakeside Drive and right in to Fitzroy St.
- Runners then make a right hand turn at Acland St extension proceed north onto Beaconsfield Parade, to a U-turn just before Bay St (Dow St) heading south toward St Kilda along Beaconsfield Parade.
- At the Beaconsfield Parade intersection with Jacka Boulevard, runners will veer right and head towards Elwood using Jacka Boulevard and Marine.
- Parade to Ormond Esplanade and turning right into the Elwood Park Recreation area, follow the roadways through to right hand turn exit at Ormond Esplanade to a U-Turn in Ormond Esplanade near St Kilda St.
- After the U-Turn runners proceed north along Ormond Esplanade, Marine Parade, Jacka Blvd in southbound lanes to right hand turn into extension of Acland St, followed by a left hand turn into Fitzroy St.
- At St Kilda Junction runners turn left into St Kilda Road northbound center lanes continuing to a left hand turn into Southbank Blvd, followed by a right hand turn into Sturt St, proceeding (under the St Kilda Rd) along Alexandra Ave to a right hand turn into Linlithgow Ave.
- Proceed along Linlithgow Ave (marathon Runners must move to the left side of the road in Linlithgow Ave)onto Birdwood Ave to a right hand turn into Domain Rd. Followed by a right hand turn onto St Kilda Rd Southbound Service lane.
- Proceed along St Kilda Rd Over Princes Bridge into Swanston St to a right hand turn onto Flinders St.
- Runners then veer right into Wellington Parade South, turn right into Jolimont Rd, which becomes Brunton Avenue.
- Marathoners then turn left into MCG and do the MCG loop to finish.
La información de la carrera se ha encontrado en el sitio web oficial del evento o en otras fuentes de acceso público. Consulta siempre el sitio web oficial para obtener la información más actualizada sobre la carrera. Si falta algún dato o hay algún error, envíanos un correo electrónico para informarnos..