VPBANK Hanoi Marathon
18 oct. 2020 (Sun)
Maratón, Medio maratón, 10 km, 5 km
Únete a VPBANK Hanoi Marathon
VPBank Hanoi Marathon — Heritage Race is the major and official marathon of Vietnam which held annually in October in Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital, the most beautiful and peaceful country in Southeast Asia. This event is the only one sponsored by the city and People's Committee of Hanoi, making it the only official marathon event of Hanoi. Its title sponsor is VPBank, a leading Joint-stock Commercial bank in Vietnam. It has been accredited by the IAAF, officially certified by Grade A Measurers of AIMS and affiliated with the Vietnam Athletics Federation (VAF). It is an official member of AIMS from 2019.
The first and only marathon event of the city of Hanoi, Vietnam, has immediately garnered the attention of nearly 3,000 athletes and running enthusiasts from Vietnam and all over the world in 2018 and is growing to 6,000 runners from more than 50 different nationalities for the second year 2019.
This is a loop course, starting and finishing at Hoan Kiem Lake, the centermost landmark of the city of Hanoi.
VPBank Hanoi Marathon is a one-of-a-kind event that serves as both a traditional marathon, as well as a unique tour of the six major districts and almost all historical and cultural landmarks of the Old Quarter of Hanoi, allowing the runners to discover the peaceful, charming, and historic city with 11 heritages and landmarks they can’t miss.
1. Hoan Kiem Lake: The start and finish venue of VPBank Hanoi Marathon - Heritage Race is located right by Hoan Kiem Lake, the symbol of Hanoi. It’s famous for the Turtle Tower, a small, ancient and quiet tower located on an island in the middle of the lake. Right nearby is Ngoc Son Temple, situated on a different island and connected to the mainland by an old red, wooden bridge that highlights the fresh green lake water.
2. Hanoi Opera House: Built in 1901, the Hanoi Opera House is a miniature copy of Opéra Garnier Theater. The Opera House is characterized by the French New Age and is one of the most important cultural centers of Hanoi.
3. St. Joseph's Cathedral Hanoi: St. Joseph's Cathedral Hanoi was built in 1884, in the medieval Gothic architectural style, with an arched dome facing the sky, much like the Notre Dame in Paris.
4. The Flag Tower of Hanoi: The Flag Tower of Hanoi was built in the early 19th century, by the Nguyen dynasty, the last dynasty of Vietnam. This is also the most preserved historical landmark of Hanoi.
5. The Temple of Literature, the Imperial Academy: The Temple of Literature is a collective of complex monuments built in the 11th century in the ancient East Asian architectural style. This is also a monument that symbolizes the cultural development process of Vietnam with 82 steles honoring its graduates from the 15th century to the 18th century.
6. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is the resting place of President Ho Chi Minh, the first President of Vietnam. It is located in the Ba Dinh square, where the President Ho Chi Minh read the Declaration of Independence, inaugurating the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
7. Tran Quoc Pagoda: Tran Quoc Pagoda is a Vietnamese Buddhist center from the 11th to the 15th century. It is a 11-story-tall tower with a height of 15 meters. Each floor has 6 fenestras and in each, a statue of Amitabha (the celestial Buddha) made from mineral stone.
8. Quan Thanh temple: The Quan Thanh temple is one of the four ancient towns of the antique Thang Long Citadel, built in the 11th century.
9. Cua Bac (The Northern Gate): Cua Bac is one of the few remaining traces of the ancient citadel of Hanoi. With traces of destruction from bombs and bullets, Cua Bac is also a marker of French colonialism and the First Indochina War in the mid-twentieth century. Opposite to Cua Bac is the Cua Bac church, built in a unique Asian–European fusion architectural style.
10. Long Bien Bridge: Built in 1898, Long Bien Bridge is akin to a witness to one of the most turbulent periods of Hanoi’s history. It was built by the French and considered their pride of in Indochina, and was also where French troops finally withdrew from Hanoi after the Dien Bien Phu victory. During the Vietnam War, the Long Bien bridge was heavily bombed by American planes but remained standing, as if firmly representing and instating the spirit of the Vietnamese people during war.
11. O Quan Chuong: O Quan Chuong is an ancient city’s gate situated in the middle of modern Hanoi. It used to be a security checkpoint for the commercial district of ancient Hanoi, what is now known as the Old Quarter. O Quan Chuong was named after a chief of the army in order to honor him and other Nguyen soldiers who fought in the war against the French.
VPBank Hanoi Marathon represents the peaceful country and amicable people of Vietnam. We believe that, with VPBank Hanoi Marathon your experiences in Hanoi, a thousand-year-old capital, will be one of the most memorable ones in your lifetime.
We are hoping that the event will go forward as planned on the 18th of October 2020. However, in the worst scenario, there could still be two cases:1. The marathon is postponed due to the re-emergence of the pandemic and the government does not allow sports activities and mass events.
Destacable en la ruta
Hanoi Heritage Marathon is a perfect flat course, which will lead you to discover The Old Hanoi through its old streets.
The official course map now is available on the website with details of all marked check points as well as water stations and aid stations.
Kilometer marker: Kilometer signs can be found along the entire route. Owing to the conditions, however, they may be placed with “+/- meters” from the exact point. The signs are therefore only for orientation and runners shouldn’t calculate speed based only on the signs.
Mapa de ruta
directions_runDirección de comienzo: Ly Thai To Park, Đinh Tiên Hoàng, French Quarter, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
flagDirección de terminación: Lý Thái Tổ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
List of affordable and good location hotels or apartments will be recommended by Organizer as added free service for runners
Servicios después de la carrera
A nice prize presentation ceremony will be organized during the marathon at Finish venue
Límite de edad
Minimum 18 years old on race day for FM and HM; 16 years old for 10km; 10 years old for 5km
Puestos de avituallamiento
Our medial teams with experienced doctors and nurses are always ready to support you during the marathon at Finish line and on the running course
Medallas de finalización
Finisher Medals will be awarded to runners of all categories who complete the race
Almacenamiento de equipos
Baggage facilities will be provided for participants. If you do plan to use this service, please bring an inexpensive bag and leave your valuables at home. We will not be responsible for lost or missing items
FM: 6 hours; HM: 3.30 hours
Parking area will be provided
Servicio de fotografía proporcionado
The Organizer will provide photo service for participants. Professional photographers and video cameramen will be at some spectacular view locations of the running course and at the Finish Line.
VHM has been accredited by the IAAF/AIMS, officially certified by Grade A Measurers of AIMS, affiliated with the Vietnam Athletics Federation (VAF). VHM is AIMS member.
La bolsa del corredor incluye
For 42km, 21km, 10km: Bag, Timing chip, Race Guide Book; For all distances: Event T-shirts, BIB will be provided on the day before the Race Day. Venue will be informed 10-15 days prior the Race Day.
There will be bottle water and electrolytic drinks available for participants throughout the course and at the start/finish areas
Your result will be timed by professional timing service provider. It will be live during the race and posted in one day after the events
The nearest airport is Hanoi Noi Bai International Airport. It takes around 45 minutes from airport to Hanoi by taxi or bus.
La información de la carrera se ha encontrado en el sitio web oficial del evento o en otras fuentes de acceso público. Consulta siempre el sitio web oficial para obtener la información más actualizada sobre la carrera. Si falta algún dato o hay algún error, envíanos un correo electrónico para informarnos..