Join God's Country Marathon
Welcome to the God’s Country Marathon, Half Marathon and Team Relay held in beautiful Potter County, Pennsylvania!
The God’s Country Marathon has been named one of the "10 toughest marathons" and one of the "best small marathons" in the United States by Runner’s World Magazine. No crowds, beautiful scenery, top-notch service and a hometown feeling make the God’s Country Marathon one of the most unique road racing experiences in the country!
The point-to-point course runs west on scenic U.S. Route 6 from the small community of Galeton (elevation 1,300 ft.) through the heart of the Susquehannock State Forest, to the town of Coudersport (elevation 1,400 ft.).
Mile 14 marks the beginning of a three-mile climb up infamous Denton Hill, which traverses the eastern continental divide topping out at an elevation of 2,424 ft. From there, it is all downhill into historic downtown Coudersport.
For over 40 years, our little marathon has been attracting challenge-seeking runners from across the nation.
- From the start line at the school parking lot, make a left onto Bridge Street.
- Turn right on Germania Street.
- Turn right onto Union Street.
- Turn right onto West Street.
- Turn right on Main Street (Route 6, Mile 1), running east through Galeton to Nob Hill Motel.
- Complete the dog leg at Nob Hill Motel.
- Return through Galeton, this time running on Route 6 West toward the Hill.
- Mile 15 marks the beginning of "The Hill" which continues until the peak at Mile 18. From there, it's all downhill!
- As you come into Coudersport, turn left onto Park Avenue, just past the Parente Beard office.
- At the end of Park Avenue, make a left, go over the bridge and make an immediate right onto Allegany Avenue.
- At the end of Allegany Avenue, make a right onto Main Street, go over the bridge and follow Main Street through the red light to the finish line.
Be the first to write a review for this event
赛事信息可以在在赛事的官方网站或通过公开渠道找到。 总是以官方网站上的最新赛事信息作为参考。 如果有任何数据错误或遗失，请通过电子邮件告知我们.