Acerca de OOTYULTRA 2020
VISIT www.ootyultra.com/register to complete the registration formalities.
OOTYULTRA is an annual Ultramarathon organized KaysFIT Academy, founded by Kannan Sundararajan, a.k.a Coach Kay, also the Race Director. The first edition was conducted on the 29-Apr-2018 with few international and 280 runners across 10 states in India. The second edition had over 717 Indian and International runners.
2020 will be the 3rd edition of the OOTYULTRA. On an invitation basis, OOTYULTRA will host the 90k category (3800 m elevation gain) to be completed within the 12 hrs cut-off.
Coach Kay is a back to back Comrades Marathon (in South Africa) finisher and regularly coaches runners preparing for their Comrades Marathon. Interestingly, a 60k long run in OOTY for the KaysFIT Academy Comrades runners had become the OOTYULTRA. OOTYULTRA encourages the Comrades Marathon runners or others training for tough mountain runs, to make OOTYULTRA as a perfect long training run. The 60k course with ~2000 meters elevation offers the best of its challenges in a high altitude road course.
OOTYULTRA is a perfect way to connect with the local tradition, history, natural beauty, culture and the people of Ooty and the Blue Mountains. Running in such a beautiful mountain will also provide a unique opportunity for the runners to experience the gift of nature.
OOTYULTRA is a tough ROAD running event, with steep up/down gradients, for the regular amateur runners to the serious recreational Ultramarathon lovers. The race will have three distance categories, i.e 15k, 30k & 60k. The Ultramarathon will be run through the important streets of Ooty, key Ooty landmarks, green wooded forests, and innocent village roads. As you run, you will quickly escape into the mountains reaching the second highest peak in south India and also view breathtaking sceneries.
The race is timed perfectly for the ultramarathon runners (coincides with their longest training run) training for the Comrades Marathon in South Africa. Some of the Comrades runners running the OOTYULTRA are featured on the INSPIRATION page.
OOTYULTRA attracts many runners from across India to The Nilgiris district and also be platform local participants to be part of an Ultramarathon event happening in their town.
Why should you run the OOTYULTRA?
- Safety of the runners are given at most priority (only experienced runners allowed to enter the 30k & 60k under strict qualification guidelines
- first-aid & CPR trained volunteers
- medical team support with AED kit
- Dedicated volunteers, passionate organizing team & sponsoring partners to provide a “WOW” experience to runners
- Opportunity to be titled the #ULTRAmalaivasi (the Ultra Mountain dweller, Malaivasi is in Tamil)
- Make it a perfect summer family vacation in OOTY
- Souvenir T-Shirt & unique custom medal
- exciting pre-race day events
- 90+% non-repeating tough road run through blissful blue mountain running
- Provides an opportunity for a variety of runners including the experienced recreational runners (60k), intermediate runners (30k) and beginners (15k)Visit South India’s highest peak 2637 m, all by running
visit www.ootyultra.com for more information
Read the FAQ & T&C sections before registering