Northern Kettle Moraine State Forest
Kettle Moraine State Forest,us
St. Croix River
Ice Age National Scientific Reserve
The Ice Age Trail spans the entire length of the Kettle Moraine State Forest – Northern Unit and is host to some beautiful wildlife and scenery. The Frozen Otter is an opportunity to see it all.The goal of the race is to travel the entire length of the forest on the Ice Age Trail and then return. There are approximately 32 miles each way making a total distance of 64 miles. The 8 segments of the race are:
1. Butler Lake (Start) to Greenbush picnic area: The distance is 8.1 miles, and it is the easiest of all the segments. However it is exposed to wind at the beginning of the race.
2. Greenbush to HWY P trailhead: The distance is 7.1 miles, and it is the second easiest segment.
3. HWY P to Greenbush: Just the reverse of segment 2.
4. Greenbush to Butler Lake: This is the reverse of segment 1 and marks the end of the 32 mile race, or the halfway point of the 64 mile race. It is the only point in the race where you can exchange gear and resupply.
5. Butler Lake to Mauthe Lake: The distance is only 7.5 miles, but it is the toughest segment of the race. The frequency of hills and changes in elevation are what makes this the segment I dread the most.
6. Mauthe Lake to HWY H trailhead: The distance is 9.0 miles, and has possibly the worst hill that the competitors will encounter.
7. HWY H to Mauthe Lake: Just the reverse of segment 6.
8. Mauthe Lake to Butler Lake: If I ever make it this far, anyone in the parking lot will hear a crazy person yelling and singing as he makes his way along the last ridge.
Die Renninformation wurde auf der offiziellen Website der Veranstaltung oder über öffentlich zugängliche Quellen gefunden. Auf der offiziellen Website finden Sie stets die neuesten Informationen zum Lauf. Bitte lassen Sie es uns wissen, wenn Daten inkorrekt sind oder fehlen, indem Sie uns eine E-Mail schreiben.