Terms and conditionsPlease read these Terms carefully and confirm your agreement before signing up for an event or creating a profile at Worldsmarathons.com.
1. The CompanyWorldsmarathons.com is the trading name of MECHAN DIGITAL AB 559044-2454 (the “Company”). The Company is registered in Sweden, with its postal address at Hagagatan 15F, SE-11347 Stockholm. Worldsmarathons.com mediate starting places/tickets to various running races and other sport events (each an “Event”).
2. ResponsibilityThis website, and any sub-sites thereof, (together the “Site”), are published and maintained by the Company as a service to its visitors. The Company is responsible for customer-related information, such as, customer support, personal data under Swedish law, transactions for payments and refunds.
3. MembershipAfter registering to Events at the Site, you can become a member of the Site and create a private profile. You may also establish a membership at Worldsmarathons.com by signing up with your email or using an external social media profile e.g. Facebook.
By creating a private profile, you agree to receive emails that may contain marketing material. As a member, you are able to cancel email marketing from Worldsmarathons.com at any time by changing the profile settings or contacting our customer support.
4. SLS/TLS - Security and credit card detailsAll credit card information is handled securely on an HTTPS page and transferred via Transport Layer Security (TLS); cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over a computer network.
5. Web browser cookieA cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. On Worldsmarathons.com websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests
6. Our offer and serviceThe organization of an Event and any add-on products or services connected with the Event, such as bus transfer, is the sole responsibility of the organizer of the event (the “Event Organizer”). The Company is only responsible for sales and that you as a customer get the ticket you have paid for.
7. DeliveryProvided that you complete the ordering process as requested, such as correct contact information, completed payment etc., you will receive notice of confirmation of your Event ticket straight away. The confirmation notice will give you the right to participate in the Event, given that you follow the rules set by the Event Organizer.
8. Event RulesYou must follow the specific terms and conditions set out by the Event Organizer; e.g. regarding age limit, time limit of the race, second-hand sales of tickets and refund policies.
You must be in good health and physically prepared to complete the Event.
You must be prepared to show a valid ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
9. Cancellations and refundsWorldsmarathon.com can offer money back if the order is revoked within 24 hours from your receipt of the confirmation notice, given that the Event will not take place within the next 7 days. Contact our customer support and we will resolve the issue for you.
We will normally refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase e.g. VISA card payment. Depending on your bank, the refund typically takes 5-10 business days.
24 hours after you have received the confirmation notice, no cancellations, refunds or modifications are allowed through Worldsmarathons.com.
The Event Organizer is fully in charge of the Event and all possible cancellations or changes in the program. The Event Organizers may need to delay or cancel the Event if they consider this necessary, including if they believe the conditions on the day of the Event are unsafe.
If the Event is delayed or cancelled or if you withdraw for any reason, Worldsmarathons.com will not provide refund of your entry fee and we have no liability for any costs, expenses or losses of any kind incurred by you in connection with the Event including, without limitation, your accommodation and travel to the Event.
Some Event Organizers may give permission to postpone registration to the following year in case of sickness or injury, or give a full refund in case the Event is cancelled. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions issued by the Event Organizer for more information (see section 8 “Event Rules” above). If you want to request a refund or postpone your participation, please contact the Event Organizer.
10. Processing of personal dataThe Company is the data controller of the personal data you provide when you create your membership account for Worldsmarathons.com and for the payment data you provide when you order products and services through the Site. The personal data you provide when you register for an Event is controlled by the relevant Race Organizer and the Company, acting as a data processor, only processes such data on behalf of the Race Organizer.
When you create your membership account for Worldsmarathons.com, you agree to the Company’s, processing of your personal data for the purposes set out below.
Your personal data will be used for administration of your membership; administration of your orders, etc. The Company may also use your personal data to provide you with marketing material.
The Company will as part of the data processing (for the purposes set out above) provide your personal data to Race Organizers or other partners directly linked to the ordered services.
The Company processes your personal data in accordance with the “Personal Data Act” (PUL). Your personal data will not be sold to third parties and will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Once per year you may, at no cost, request information about your personal data that the Company processes. You may request rectification of your personal data and that the Company does not process your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you have any questions or requests regarding data processing, please contact the Company as follows: by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post Mechan Digital AB, Hagagatan 15F, SE-11347 Stockholm
11. Price and currencyThe prices and the referral’s local currency equivalent credit amount will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate, for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties. The company regularly update the base exchange rate, but it may not be identical to the real-time market rate.
12. COMPANY AFFILIATE PROGRAMThe Company Affiliate Program allows registered members to earn credits which can be redeemed and used as a payment method when purchasing future events. You are enabled to earn credits by referring others to use the Company services and later use these credits for a partial or full payment for a race ticket or other products sold by the site.
12.1 How to Earn CreditsRegistered users at the Company site, can earn credits and use these credits as payment method for future purchases. There are multiple ways to earn credits:
These are common use cases; but not limited to: (1) a referred friend clicks on a referral link to create a valid user ID, agrees to our Terms of Service and then purchases a race ticket. (2) you promote a specific event on your personal site or social media using a referral link (3) you conduct a specified action on the site.
You will be credited the amount specified on the site or in related material. You will only be credited if the full payment goes through and if there is no post-purchase cancellations or changes to the booking.
Referred friends that have used a valid referral link may also receive a Credit if indicated in the referral material.
12.2. Redeeming CreditsCredits can only be redeemed via the Company Site, Application and Services. You will be able to see your credits in your profile (when logged in) and on the checkout page when you conduct a purchase on the site.
Credits must be used within two years from the date they are issued. After two years, the Credits will expire. Credits have no cash value and may not be transferred or exchanged for cash. Credits accumulated in separate Company accounts may not be merged into one account.
12.3 Termination and ChangesCompany may suspend or terminate the ability to collect credits or a user’s ability to participate in the Referral Program at any time for any reason.
The company reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove Credits if we notice any activity that the company suspect is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of the Company Terms of Service. The company reserves the right to review and investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or modify referrals in the company's sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate. The company reserves the right to discontinue the referral program at any time for no given reason. The credits will then no longer hold any value.
All decisions regarding the user balance will be final and at Company’s sole discretion.
13. Limitation of liabilityThe Company limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
14. Applicable law and dispute resolutionSwedish substantive law shall apply to these terms and conditions, unless mandatory laws for the protection of consumers’ state otherwise.
In case of any dispute, in the first instance we kindly request that you contact us if you have a complaint against us and we will try to resolve it. Nothing limits your right to bring a complaint against us by applying to a court in Sweden.