Terms and conditionsPlease read these Terms carefully and confirm your agreement before signing up for an event or creating a profile at Worldsmarathons.com.
1. The CompanyWorldsmarathons.com is the trading name of MECHAN DIGITAL AB 559044-2454 (the “Company”). The Company is registered in Sweden, with its postal address at Hagagatan 15F, SE-11347 Stockholm. Worldsmarathons.com mediate starting places/tickets to various running races and other sport events (each an “Event”).
2. ResponsibilityThis website, and any sub-sites thereof, (together the “Site”), are published and maintained by the Company as a service to its visitors. The Company is responsible for customer-related information, such as, customer support, personal data under Swedish law, transactions for payments and refunds.
3. MembershipAfter registering to Events at the Site, you can become a member of the Site and create a private profile. You may also establish a membership at Worldsmarathons.com by signing up with your email or using an external social media profile e.g. Facebook.
By creating a private profile, you agree to receive emails that may contain marketing material. As a member, you are able to cancel email marketing from Worldsmarathons.com at any time by changing the profile settings or contacting our customer support.
4. SLS/TLS - Security and credit card detailsAll credit card information is handled securely on an HTTPS page and transferred via Transport Layer Security (TLS); cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over a computer network.
5. Web browser cookieA cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. On Worldsmarathons.com websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests
6. Our offer and serviceThe organization of an Event and any add-on products or services connected with the Event, such as bus transfer, is the sole responsibility of the organizer of the event (the “Event Organizer”). The Company is only responsible for sales and that you as a customer get the ticket you have paid for.
7. DeliveryProvided that you complete the ordering process as requested, such as correct contact information, completed payment etc., you will receive notice of confirmation of your Event ticket straight away. The confirmation notice will give you the right to participate in the Event, given that you follow the rules set by the Event Organizer.
8. Event RulesYou must follow the specific terms and conditions set out by the Event Organizer; e.g. regarding age limit, time limit of the race, second-hand sales of tickets and refund policies.
You must be in good health and physically prepared to complete the Event.
You must be prepared to show a valid ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
9. Cancellations and refundsWorldsmarathon.com can offer money back if the order is revoked within 24 hours from your receipt of the confirmation notice, given that the Event will not take place within the next 7 days. Contact our customer support and we will resolve the issue for you.
We will normally refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase e.g. VISA card payment. Depending on your bank, the refund typically takes 5-10 business days.
24 hours after you have received the confirmation notice, no cancellations, refunds or modifications are allowed through Worldsmarathons.com.
The Event Organizer is fully in charge of the Event and all possible cancellations or changes in the program. The Event Organizers may need to delay or cancel the Event if they consider this necessary, including if they believe the conditions on the day of the Event are unsafe.
If the Event is delayed or cancelled or if you withdraw for any reason, Worldsmarathons.com will not provide refund of your entry fee and we have no liability for any costs, expenses or losses of any kind incurred by you in connection with the Event including, without limitation, your accommodation and travel to the Event.
Some Event Organizers may give permission to postpone registration to the following year in case of sickness or injury, or give a full refund in case the Event is cancelled. Please refer to the specific terms and conditions issued by the Event Organizer for more information (see section 8 “Event Rules” above). If you want to request a refund or postpone your participation, please contact the Event Organizer.
10. Processing of personal dataThe Company is the data controller of the personal data you provide when you create your membership account for Worldsmarathons.com and for the payment data you provide when you order products and services through the Site. The personal data you provide when you register for an Event is controlled by the relevant Race Organizer and the Company, acting as a data processor, only processes such data on behalf of the Race Organizer.
When you create your membership account for Worldsmarathons.com, you agree to the Company’s, processing of your personal data for the purposes set out below.
Your personal data will be used for administration of your membership; administration of your orders, etc. The Company may also use your personal data to provide you with marketing material.
The Company will as part of the data processing (for the purposes set out above) provide your personal data to Race Organizers or other partners directly linked to the ordered services.
The Company processes your personal data in accordance with the “Personal Data Act” (PUL). Your personal data will not be sold to third parties and will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Once per year you may, at no cost, request information about your personal data that the Company processes. You may request rectification of your personal data and that the Company does not process your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you have any questions or requests regarding data processing, please contact the Company as follows: by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post Mechan Digital AB, Hagagatan 15F, SE-11347 Stockholm
11. Price and currencyPrices are indicated in currencies traded in. All prices are without shipping costs.
12. Limitation of liabilityThe Company limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
13. Applicable law and dispute resolutionSwedish substantive law shall apply to these terms and conditions, unless mandatory laws for the protection of consumers’ state otherwise.
In case of any dispute, in the first instance we kindly request that you contact us if you have a complaint against us and we will try to resolve it. Nothing limits your right to bring a complaint against us by applying to a court in Sweden.